A sexual problem, or sexual dysfunction, refers to a problem during any phase of the sexual response cycle that prevents the individual or couple from experiencing satisfaction from the sexual activity. The sexual response cycle has four phases: excitement, plateau, orgasm, and resolution.
symptoms of sexual problems
You or your partner are experiencing significant distress due to sexual dysfunction.
- Erections or intercourse are painful.
- You lack any desire for sexual contact.
- You are unable to have or maintain a usable erection.
- You are unable to have an orgasm.
cause of a sexual disorder
- Tiredness (fatigue)
- Chronic diseases such as diabetes, heart disease, liver disease, kidney disease.
- Neurologic disorders.
- Vascular (blood flow) disorders.
- Hormonal imbalances.